In line with our busy summer, construction will be starting this Spring on extensive work at this treasured historic golf club originally founded in 1904 on land once –owned by the historic San Gabriel Mission. San Gabriel Country Club was founded in 1904 on land that once belonged to the historic San Gabriel Mission. The original course was only nine holes with sand-oiled greens typical of that time. In 1912 the course was enlarged to 18 holes by noted golfer-architect Norman Macbeth, who later designed other well-known Southern California golf courses. In 1920 the Club engaged the services of golf course architect William Watson, whose design changes included the installation of grass greens. Further improvements to the course design were made by renowned golf architect William Park “Billy” Bell in 1930. This work is a result of our Long Range Master Plan and will include turf reduction.
San Gabriel Country Club, San Gabriel, CA